Textbook Rental Program
The Textbook Rental program provides another option for students looking to save money on their textbook costs. All textbooks, with the exception of workbooks and custom course packets, can be rented. Students opting to rent their textbooks must agree to the terms of the Rental Agreement.
Spring Rentals Due: May 25, 2021
- In accepting the terms of the Rental Agreement, the student accepts responsibility to use the book and return it to the University Store in an acceptable, salable condition (light to moderate highlight and underlining is acceptable; no mildew, wet, or torn books) by the rental due date. Determination of acceptable condition is at the discretion of the University Store.
- The textbook rental fee is refundable only when returned by the posted Textbook Refund date for the term.
- The rented textbook must be returned by the last day of finals for the term that it is rented for -- unless otherwise stated.
- Students opting to rent a textbook authorize the University Store to charge their student account for the cost of a new replacement copy as well as a $15 non-refundable late fee.
- Students wishing to appeal charges and fees may do so via our Rental Return Appeal Form.
- Please contact [email protected] if you have further questions regarding our Textbook Rental Program.
- As a courtesy towards the end of the semester, we will send reminder notices to the e-mail address provided online at checkout or attached to your student account. However, it is your responsibility to return your rentals by the due date even if you do not receive these e-mails.
- Rentals can be returned to the UStore anytime during the semester they were obtained.
- All rentals must be accompanied by the rental customer's name and student ID#. Rentals returned without the proper customer information cannot be processed and will result in charges and fees.
- We also accept rental returns through the mail -- provided they are post-marked by the due date. Please package your rentals, along with documentation including your name and student ID#, and ship to:
Towson University Store
8000 York Rd
Towson, MD 21252