Textbook Rental Program
The Textbook Rental program provides another option for students looking to save money on their textbook costs.
All textbooks can be rented, with the exception of workbooks and custom course packets.
- Students opting to rent their textbooks must agree to the terms of the rental agreement.
- In accepting the terms of the rental agreement, the student accepts responsibility to use the book and return it to the University Store in an acceptable, salable condition (light to moderate highlight and underlining is acceptable; no mildew, wet, or torn books) by the rental due date. Determination of acceptable condition is at the discretion of the University Store.
- The textbook rental fee is refundable only when returned by the posted textbook refund date for the term.
- The rented textbook must be returned by the last day of finals for the term that it is rented for.
- Students opting to rent a textbook authorize the University Store to charge their student account for a replacement copy as well as a $15 non-refundable late fee.
Textbook Rental Due Date for Fall 2019: December 17, 2019
- Rental textbooks can be returned to the University Store any time during the semester the textbooks were obtained. Rental books are due the last day of Final Exams for the term in which they were rented. Rentals must be returned to a University Store cashier, at University Store buyback locations, or can be deposited in the After Hour Rental Drop Box located on the wall outside the University Store.
- All Rentals must be returned or accompanied by the rental customers’ name, Student ID#, and email address. Rentals that are returned without the proper customer information cannot be processed, and will be charged a replacement fee.
- We accept rental returns through the mail provided they are post-marked by the due date. For rental returns, please ship to:
Towson University Student Union Building
8000 York Rd.
Towson, MD 21252
- Please include contact information (full name and current phone number) and student ID number.
- As a courtesy, we will send a reminder notice to the email address you provided during your rental checkout and on your rental agreement. However, it is your responsibility to return the book by the due date, even if you do not receive this email. Remember that rental books are due by the last day of Finals.
- If you do not return your rental books by the end of the day on the last day of finals, you will be charged the full replacement value of the book, plus a $15 non-refundable late fee. This replacement cost and late fee will be in addition to the rental fee paid when the book was rented.
For textbook rental assistance or to request a list of outstanding rentals, please e-mail [email protected] and include the following information: Name, Student ID, and Email.
Towson has partnered with RedShelf to bring students the ability to purchase digital versions of textbooks at a lower price. eBooks are accessed for online viewing are refundable within 7 days of purchase, providing no more than 20% of the book has be read or printed.
eBooks from RedShelf are both lifetime ownership and subscription-based.
- You can access the eTextbook on one computer only at any given time.
- Download subscription is not available in .PDF format
- You are NOT required to install software to download the eTextbook.
**Please note that E-Books are not eligible for buyback**
eTextbooks offer Towson students yet another course material choice. They are digital versions of printed textbooks enhanced with features such as note taking, highlighting, high speed search, and printing.
eTextbooks are convenient, good for the environment and your budget, delivered to your desktop, and accessible across all of your mobile devices.
Here is how they work:
- Purchase the eBook online.
- After your purchase is made, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access your ebook.
- eBooks can then be accessed through your TowsonUStore account.
- The "Activate and Access eBooks" option is under the My Account option after signing in.
- Follow the easy on-screen prompts to download your eBook.
- You will need the latest version of the free reader software to read your eBook.
- Once the eBook has been activated it CANNOT be returned.
**Please note that printing and expiration restrictions are set by the publishers and NOT by the University Store.**