Textbook Rental Program
The Textbook Rental program provides another option for students looking to save money on their textbook costs. All textbooks, with the exception of workbooks and custom course packets, can be rented. Students opting to rent their textbooks must agree to the terms of the Rental Agreement
Fall Rentals are Due: December 22, 2020
- In accepting the terms of the Rental Agreement, the student accepts responsibility to use the book and return it to the University Store in an acceptable, salable condition (light to moderate highlight and underlining is acceptable; no mildew, wet, or torn books) by the rental due date. Determination of acceptable condition is at the discretion of the University Store.
- The textbook rental fee is refundable only when returned by the posted Textbook Refund date for the term.
- The rented textbook must be returned by the last day of finals for the term that it is rented for -- unless otherwise stated.
- Students opting to rent a textbook authorize the University Store to charge their student account for the cost of a new replacement copy as well as a $15 non-refundable late fee.
- Students wishing to appeal charges and fees may do so via our Rental Return Appeal Form.
- Please contact [email protected] if you have further questions regarding our Textbook Rental Program.
- As a courtesy towards the end of the semester, we will send reminder notices to the e-mail address provided online at checkout or attached to your student account. However, it is your responsibility to return your rentals by the due date even if you do not receive these e-mails.
- Rentals can be returned to the UStore anytime during the semester they were obtained. Rentals can be given to a UStore cashier or deposited in the After Hours Rental Drop Box located on the wall outside the UStore (only when the University Union is open to the public).
- All rentals must be accompanied by the rental customer's name and student ID#. Rentals returned without the proper customer information cannot be processed and will result in charges and fees.
- We also accept rental returns through the mail -- provided they are post-marked by the due date. Please package your rentals, along with documentation including your name and student ID#, and ship to:
Towson University Store
8000 York Rd
Towson, MD 21252
Towson has partnered with RedShelf and VitalSource to bring students the ability to purchase digital versions of physical textbooks at a lower price. eBooks are enhanced with features such as note taking, highlighting, high speed search, and printing. They are are convenient, good for the environment (and your budget), delivered to your desktop, and accessible across all of your mobile devices.
- eBooks are listed for purchase alongside the physical textbook options on our website.
- After your purchase is made, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to access your eBook or you may follow these steps below:
- Log into your towsonustore.com account.
- Click the "Activate and Access eBooks" option listed on the My Account page.
- Follow the easy on-screen prompts to access your eBook.
- eBook refunds are based upon whether or not the title has been activated, the amount accessed/printed, and the date purchased.
- Please note that access/printing restrictions are set by individual publishers and NOT the UStore.
- If you would like to request an eBook refund, please contact [email protected] and provide your order number and the title(s) you would like refunded.
- eBooks are NOT eligible for Buyback.