Textbook & Merchandise Return Policy
An original receipt is required for all returns.
Merchandise must be in new, unused condition to be returned.
- If returning by mail, please enclose the Merchandise Return/Exchange Form.
Textbooks purchased may be returned for a full refund according to the following terms:
- New books must be in new, unmarked condition without highlighting, writing or underlining.
- The cover and pages of the book must be intact and unsoiled.
- All used books must have the "original" University Store barcode sticker.
- Books purchased shrink wrapped must be returned with the shrink wrap intact.
- New or used textbooks with water damage are not returnable.
- Defective books will be accepted for an even exchange during the semester.
- Credit Card Refunds: If you paid for the books with a credit card and want your account credited, you must have your credit card or credit card information (account number and expiration date). You do have the option of receiving a store credit that must be used in the University Store.
- Personal Check Refunds: If you paid with a personal check, a 10-day waiting period from the date of purchase is required before a cash refund can be issued. A store gift card can be issued immediately that can be used to purchase merchandise in the University Store.
Spring & Summer 2020 Textbook Purchases & Rentals: May only be refunded within 3 business days of purchase date.
Textbook Rental Program
- Rental books are property of the University Store.
- The rental fee is only refundable if the book is returned by the posted textbook return date.
- Rentals must be returned by the last day of final exams for the term it was rented.
- Students opting to rent a textbook authorize the University Store to charge their student account if you do not return your rental books by the end of day on the last day of finals. You will be charged the full replacement value of the book plus a $15 non-refundable late fee. This replacement coast and late fee will be in addition to the rental fee paid when the book was rented.
- All rentals must be returned or accompanied by the rental customers' name, Student ID#, and email address. Rentals that are returned without the proper customer information cannot be processed and will be charged a replacement fee and a late fee.
Spring & Summer 2020 Textbook Rental Due Date: Extended to September 9, 2020 (click here for more details regarding returns)
eBook Policy: eBook cards/codes are returnable until they have been activated. Once the eBook has been activated, it is not returnable. eBook returns must be accompanied by a receipt. Please note that printing and expiration restrictions are set by individual publishers and not the University Store.